Third Partnership Meeting
The third annual partnership meeting of the Wealth Accounting and Valuation of Ecosystem Services (WAVES) Partnership was held in Washington, DC from April 9 to 11, 2013. This meeting brought together WAVES countries, UN agencies, donors, CSOs and other institutions supporting Natural Capital Accounting. The meeting explored how to engage decision makers and how to build a stronger partnership.
See agenda here (pdf)
- GDP is the recognized measure of economic growth. Why change it?
- What is wealth accounting?
- What is natural capital accounting?
- Why is incorporating natural capital accounting into national accounts important for country?
- How do countries put natural capital accounting into place?
- What is the role of WAVES?
- Isn't valuing natural capital really about privatizing nature?