Experimental Energy Accounts for the Federated States of Micronesia
The Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) conducted an environment statistics assessment which identified energy as a priority area. The FSM Department of Resources and Development, Division of Statistics with support from ESCAP Pacific Office, produced experimental energy accounts using the System of Environment-Economic Accounting. Energy data was compiled for all four states, as well as at the national level. The experimental accounts show that:
• Virtually all energy is produced from fossil fuels;
• The value of energy use has increased between 2009 and 2015;
• Pohnpei state uses the most energy of all states;
• Energy productivity is declining, i.e. efficiency of use is decreasing; and
• It is possible to produce SEEA accounts in FSM in areas which have available data.